Friday, April 9, 2010

Week 4

Hey guys! Sorry for the late post... I just got my account back today! I guess its pretty fast for Blizzard! After getting banned, I promptly sent them an email declaring my innocence

My account has been banned, because I apparently, am involved with "Abuse of the Economy". I know that I have a large amount of gold on my account (roughly 500K). However, if you check my logs, my gold is mostly outbound, and when it does go out, it goes into buying items. I earn all my gold from the Auction House. I have not sold gold to anyone. How can I get my account back? If you insist on banning me, can you at least show me more valid proof? For example, which characters I have traded a large amount of gold to without receiving items of equal worth. I have spent more than enough money on World of Warcraft, and to be banned like this makes me very frustrated. Thank you for your time.


This is what I got back from them:

Greetings,

Recently, your account was actioned as a result of our efforts to protect the World of Warcraft environment from exploitative behavior. As part of these efforts, we recently closed some accounts that appeared to be engaging in exploitative activities. it is our goal is to protect our players from such activities whenever possible.

After further review, access to this account been restored and all actions removed.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and encourage you to contact us with any further questions or concerns you may have. Thank you for your patience and understanding.


My best guess is that I was banned because one of my alts had joined a gold farmers guild... so when the GMs pulled out the ban hammer on that particular group, they automatically banned me also.

BTW.. gold farmers are getting out of hand lately! I've played for a while but I've never seen anything as bizarre as this!



Anyways, on to the actual progress of Week 4. After prospecting a couple hundred stacks of Saronite Ore I bought... Here is what my current bank tabs look like:








That brings my total gold count to 538,026g, which is actually a great week since I bought my self a couple of things as a treat. I picked up a [Hyacinth Macaw] for 9K... since it is considered one of the rarest pets in the game, I simply couldn't resist. I also bought 8 Primordial Saronites to craft some BOE gear. I have yet to decide what I am going to do with all the green quality gems... since crafting rings and DEing them is much less profitable now.

Anyways.. I know I've been updating a lot of personal stuff lately, but once I become less busy in real life I will make more posts on gold making tips!

-Munie

3 comments:

  1. glad to hear you got your account back nice and fast.

    Same thing happened on my realm with the floating lvl 1 warlocks ha [ coa-eu ]

    wish i could find that amount of ore to prospect. good luck flogging it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Question for you: what exactly are you doing with all those eternals?

    Cheers - enjoying the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saronite Shuffle is still pretty profitable. GCE is going 15g+. Dump the dust for 49g a stack on the AH. Usually when I dump over 100 stacks atleast 20 stacks get sold at that price because it covers a page or two and people are in such a rush.

    ReplyDelete