Thursday, May 27, 2010

Knowledge Is Power!

As promised, here begins the series of posts that will offer general advice on wow gold making. It's quite a bit of text, so if you don't wanna read all the crap just skip to the bottom for a short summary.

Knowledge is power (excuse the cliche)! Why do you think so many parents push their children to do well in school? If you go to this website and click on the education tab, you can see that most countries spend at least 10% of their annual budget on education.

What does this have anything to do with making gold in WoW? It should be pretty obvious that if you were one of the first people to read about how Frozen Orbs were going to be changed in the up coming patch, you could have made a bit of profit.

So how does one gain knowledge? Knowledge comes naturally with experience. The more you play, the more you will become familiar how items, professions, and game chances are related to each other. Having said that, you should always, always READ PATCH NOTES everyday. The latest ones can be usually be found at www.mmo-champion.com . This is one of easiest ways to gain information to help you plan future investments. For example, if you read about how a change that is going to cause epic gem prices to soar next patch, it would probably be a good idea to buy out all of uncut epic gems in the AH and trade channels.

Another way to gather knowledge is by browsing other gold making websites! Well, I guess I don't really need to tell you that since you are already here :P I know there are a lot of really popular sites such as justmytwocopper, hitthecap, etc ... but don't forget to check out some of the smaller blogs (like mine), sometimes they have really useful information! Don't just look at the front page either, you gotta dig around in older posts for some of the really good stuff. Here are a few sites I recommend looking at:

- Justmytwocopper (A lot of you were probably led to my site from him... Thanks Markco!)
- Hit The Cap! (A great progress blog, you want to read all her older posts, as they contain valuable information)
- Tarou Wow Guides (Check out his free gold guides! They are accompanied with YouTube Videos, and generally cover all you need to know about professions)
- Wow Confidential (Great site, neat layout with nice posts to follow)
- Anaalius's Gold Hunt (Nice blog, lots of useful information for the general player)
- Stokpile (Very detailed blog, has lots of helpful posts about professions!)

Don't forget that too much knowledge can also be a bad thing! It can lead you to make poor investment choices. When you read patch notes, remember that patch notes are only patch notes! Anything can be changed before the patch is implemented onto all servers! For instance, when epic gem transmutes were first introduced on mmo-champion and on public test realms, there were no cooldowns at all! Many people on the server began mass buying forest emeralds. Obviously, it was too good to be true, and a few days later a cooldown was implemented. As a result, the majority of people that jumped onto the bandwagon lost gold XD.

In Summary

- Learn how different items and professions are connected to each other
- Read patch notes
- Check out other blogs

That's it for this post! Whew, I'm exhausted from that typing (and you are probably tired from reading all my crap). Good luck and check back soon for more updates!

- Munie

PS. Please take a quick moment to leave a comment! I don't want to spend my time writing stuff if people don't actually read! So if I get no comments, my motivation to continue blogging takes a huge plunge...also contributing to why I don't update. lol. So, if you wanna see more soon, please let me know with a quick comment :)

13 comments:

  1. I'm interested to see the next part of the series. I got hacked last week so I'm starting over from zero, yay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link :)

    I have to agree that reading a varity of gold related blogs and website aswell as mmo champion will almost definatly increase your knowledge of how to make gold and you always find some new ideas or even old ideas you have forgot about. At the very least you will be gaining knowledge while your afk crafting/posting.

    Keep the posts coming !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see that you started posting again, I will look more into the mentioned blogs when I have more time on my hands..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, I look forward to the rest in the series. I'm familiar with most of the blogs you listed but I haven't heard of a couple so I look forward to checking those out as well!

    If you're like me and a hands-on learner, reading the blogs is good and informative, but I learn the most by pushing up my sleeves and getting hands on with the AH and economy of my realm. Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Btw you might want to check the hyperlinks of the blogs you posted. Most of them don't work because blogger did something funky and added your url to them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to pop in and tell you to keep up the great work! :)

    I check for updates of your blog every single day, and I will definitely be reading your next posts!

    I'm personally about to hit the 100k barrier, and after that I'll be aiming for the gold cap! It's pretty slow, but at least I'm getting there :) And I owe it to bloggers like you!

    Thanks! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! Great post! Gonna lose some time reading those blogs you posted. Thanks for everything, and I can't wait for the next set of tips! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finally a post! I check for your updated blog almost daily and had almost given up hope of any further wow post. Keep writing....looking forward to your insight :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of the single BEST places to go for all your wow econ news is woweconomicreview.com

    It doesn't contain any info of its own, because it's just a list of most of the popular blogs with their most recent updates. I don't actually navigate to any of the blogs on my own anymore... I just go to wowecon and follow their links. It's actually how I found THIS blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm posting a comment to say I am interested to see what you have to say about:

    III. I Farmed It!
    VII. Chinese Gold Farmers

    The other ones sounded interesting too but those ones piqued my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Munie, be sure to send me something for the Blog Carnival being housed on my blog on August 2nd. Go here for more details and welcome back to the blogging community: http://www.justmytwocopper.org/2010/07/wow-gold-blogging-carnival-august-2nd.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. My 16th character was the first character i got epic flight on, and most of them were post BC :( but since i started looking at guides and such, i have gotten two and working on a third for cataclysm, your knowlage is power statement couldnt be more true, i hate doing dailies so other methods (farming, AH) was really helpful

    ReplyDelete